Sunday, February 6, 2011

Leah's Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday, Leah! I can't believe my little girl is 5 years old (the beginning of December, 2010)! For months Leah had been talking about and planning her birthday. I never really plan on anything until about a week or so before it happens because her ideas change. Originally she said she wanted a chicken cake but eventually she settled on owls.

We made these crazy little owl cupcake toppers out of chocolate truffles. They were delicious but VERY labor intensive!

Pre-party, helping Mom clean out the cake batter bowl.


Birdhouses: BEFORE

Birdhouses: AFTER

Truffle Owls

Leah making a wish

CUPCAKES!

So maybe I'm not a very good party-planner... or maybe I'm an AWESOME party planner. Either way, we finished about 20 minutes early so we popped popcorn and let the kids watch "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". It gave me some time to clean up a little and get things together before the kids' parents showed up. I think it went well and Leah was happy with it and that's all that matters!

3 comments:

Lesa Pollock said...

Tell Leah happy birthday from Uncle Greg and Aunt Lesa!! Your cupcakes are adorable. You are so talented!

Ash-a-bash said...

Cutest owls ever! How did you do it?

lori said...

she is such a pretty girl hope she had a great day