Sunday, May 1, 2011

Earth Day

What? Sunshine?!? In between the April snow and rain showers we got a little patch of sunshine and the girls and I ventured out to the Earth Day celebration in Logan. We sat in the sun and enjoyed some homemade marshmallows, a small strawberry pie and some delicious chips and salsa. We listened to a percussion ensemble play on garbage cans. We had jumping contests. The kids got to make an art project using rubber stamps shaped like animal tracks. They also got to play with recycled clay and try their hands at the pottery wheel. They LOVED it! I had to drag Leah away so other kids could have a turn. Unfortunately, I forgot to pick up their pottery creations before 5:00 and the clay was recycled. I felt awful! It took the kids a couple of days to remember their pottery but at 5:20 when I found out their projects had been scrapped I was almost in tears. Am I a horrible mom or what?!? Aside from my guilt over the kids' lost art, it was a very pleasant afternoon.






No comments: