Friday, January 8, 2010

First Days of Our New Year

Grandpa Scot was so excited about his meaty Christmas present he received from Brian and Rachel (well, mostly Rachel). Homemade bratwurst. As part of our New Year's Eve celebration, he cooked them up and even shared them with us. Hooray for Grandpa Scot's brats!!!



New Year's Day we were able to spend some time with Grandpa Gordon and Grandma Sharon. We decided to go bowling. There was a LONG wait for a bowling lane so we walked across the street for some ice cream at Baskin Robbins. (Baskin Robin? Baskin Robbin's?!? I've never had to spell that in my life! But it's okay because I know Brian will look it up and correct me if I'm wrong.)
While we were waiting, we also took advantage of the photo booth at the bowling alley. We crammed all six of us into that little booth and Leah LOVED it! Abby didn't like being crowded into that little space, hence her escape efforts (row 3, column 1).

Finally, time to bowl. Leah's been quite the little show-off lately, posing for pictures and such. It cracks me up! Leah got into the whole bowling thing. Abby was bored out of her mind. Not enough interaction for her, I suppose. Well, Lenny won and beat me by ONE pin in the final frame. Not a fun way to go down. But I think both Leah and Abby beat Grandpa Gordon. (Don't tell him I posted that on the internet!) Regardless of who won or had the fastest speed (yeah, that was ME, all the way!), we had a blast!




One thing Abby DID like: sticking her head in the air blower and feeling her hair go crazy.


A picture of ME. Just because those are kind of rare, since I'm usually behind the camera :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've been hard at work updating! Awesome posts! Cute pink shirt. This makes me want to take our family bowling. Fun times. I love having our kids growing up, and the enjoyment that comes from sharing fun times together. Each stage brings new joys.

Kay bye.